Sunday, March 27, 2011

From the "Childhood ambitions" department

Sometimes, a young child's art needs no interpretation. Sometimes, though, you have to have one, if only to settle other people's minds. Consider this youngster's enthusiastic rendering of Mommy's job:


The next day, the teacher received Mommy's embarrased explanation:

Dear Mrs. Jones,
I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer.
I work at Home Depot and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every snow shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room, and that several people were fighting over who would get it. Her picture doesn't show me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to show me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot.
From now on I will remember to check her homework more.

I should think so.

1 comment:

  1. Likely story !!! She looks like a pole dancer to me.

    Seriously ... teachers must hear very interesting tales at school. I remember a school note which said: "Don't believe all they tell you happens at school and we'll only believe half of what they say about you!"

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete