Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Okay, so the following couple of tunes are really Irish-American kitsch. But first, it's not St. Patrick's Day in America if you haven't heard "Danny Boy" at least once. (Besides, I'm in love with Celtic Woman, though it's an ill-fated romance because polygamy is forbidden.)


Second, Irish Catholics of a certain age were brought up with the sound of Der Bingl singing Irish-American kitsch (and why was a nice Irish boy given a pseudo-German nickname? Beats me; ask "Dutch" Reagan!).

4 comments:

  1. I feel like I should be dancing right now. Also: are you of the mindset that Irish people don't have to wear green? Just curious...

    Thank you so much for your kind comments!! Find us on Facebook here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Elizabeth: No, you don't have to wear green ... but I always do on St. Paddy's Day!

    @ Victor: Thanks! And sometime I hope I have a chance to read Visions!

    ReplyDelete