Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Another regret

About three weeks ago, my younger brother, Bob, cracked his right tibia below the knee in a fall. Because his left foot is also dinged up (a condition called "Charcot foot", one of the wonderful gifts of diabetes-related neuropathy), he can't move from one place to the other without help. My help, since my mother can't physically heft him.

In helping him the last couple of weeks, I didn't think about what effect it would have on the invitation I received to pre-screen the new Sherwood Pictures release Courageous. However, the theater is about a 45-minute to one-hour drive from me; add into that two hours for the film plus thirty minutes for miscellaneous moving and schmoozing, and we're talking 4-4½ hours away from the house.

So, unfortunately, this means you won't get first news about this movie from me. It was a nice dream while it lasted, and there's always the possibility something like this might come my way again. But family comes first ... even before personal missions.

Once again, here's the link to the movie, and the trailer for it: