Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy birthday!

I don't own the copyright.
My friend Stacy Trasancos' blog Accepting Abundance is a year old today!

I'm sure it could be every day you could celebrate the birth of a blog, but it doesn't happen very often. And there are a couple blogs where I'm not sure which date should be celebrated. For instance, do we celebrate the day Katrina Fernandez opened up The Crescat or the day she officially moved it to Patheos? Do we celebrate the first post Webster Bull wrote for Why I Am Catholic, the day Frank Weathers took it over, or the day it also docked in Patheos' waters?

I'm glad to celebrate it, though, because Stacy is a formidable presence at the barricades, with her Ph.D. in chemistry and background as a former atheist and feminist turned wife, mother of five and future theologian. As successful as her writing has been this last year, it won't be long until she's in the front ranks with people such as Dr. John Zmirak, Fr. Robert Barron and The Blogger Who Must Not Be Named.

God bless you, my friend!