Friday, February 3, 2012

Seven Quick Takes Friday! (Vol. 13)

This week hosted at Betty Beguiles!

It's been a while since I participated in this, but it's still a fun idea.  So here we go:

ONE:
I want to give you all a "heads up" on this:  On January 24, I was hired as a contract worker back in the home lending industry.  Starting February 13, I won't have as much time to write, so my posting on The Other Blog may become a little (more) erratic.



TWO:
Sister Lisa Marie Doty is fun to tweet with!   I was chatting with Steve Smith, Lisa Graas and her about Rep. Nancy Pelosi's outrageous declaration that she stands "with my fellow Catholics in supporting the administration on this. I think it was a very courageous decision that they made and I support it."  I opined that the bishops are "just mad enough that they might start breaking out the bell, book & candle"; she got a big kick out of that!

THREE:
Today, kids, we learned that Twitter is the fastest way to spread misinformation and misunderstanding ever devised.  I think, after this whole Komen mess dies down, I'm going to go back to waiting a couple of days before commenting on current events rather than trying to Comment As It Happens.  Monday's OTA post: "How I Helped Create the Meme of the Flip-Flopping Charity".

FOUR:
Newt with his moon base.  Mittens with his severe case of foot-in-mouth disease.  Yet for some odd reason Rick Santorum is the one who "just can't win".  Can you just begin to see why I don't care to affiliate with either party?
FIVE:
Have you signed the petition yet?   If not, then stop what you're doing, click the link, and register your displeasure with the Obamination's HHS mandate.  Then, if you're on Facebook, click this link to Stand with the Bishops!

SIX:
Just last night, I read a post by John Couretas in the American Orthodox Institute blog bemoaning the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops' seeming unawareness of the USCCB's fight with the Obamination.  Then, this morning, lo and behold, Tom Peters had updated his list of bishops who had spoken out against the HHS mandate to include ACOB's "Record of Protest Against the Infringement of Religious Liberty by the Department of Health and Human Services"!  Believe me, the opposition to this travesty of justice just keeps building and building!

SEVEN:
First, the working title for the new series was Good Christian B****es.  Then, realizing that title wouldn't slip by the FCC, it got changed to Good Christian Belles, and then to just GCB.  But having seen this "sneak peek" trailer for the show, I think the best name for it would be Desperate Evangelical Housewives ... because it's DH with occasional Scripture references thrown in.  No originality or depth, just adultery and hypocrisy given an anti-Christian import.  Yawn.  We've been there and done that too many times; the T-shirts are bulging out of the dresser.
*     *     *
Thanks for tuning in.  If you have better things to do than surf the Net this weekend, I'll see you on Monday!