Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sunday Snippets—A Catholic Carnival (2/12/12)

Welcome back to Sunday Snippets!  Sunday Snippets is a circle of traded posts hosted by RAnn at This That and the Other Thing.  For some fine Catholic reading, please follow this link!

Of course, the majority of the week was taken up with writing about the HHS mandate and the Obamination's phony "accommodation".  I really have no wish to inflict more of that on you; however, one post that bears on the subject without talking directly about it is Lies, damned lies and the Guttmacher 98%.  Read that and you'll know how to counter it when the office know-it-all gasses on about it.

One reader commented that feminists yell about pro-life "misogyny" because they hear so little from conservatives about rape and domestic violence.  Okay, one man can't carry the whole load alone, but I can certainly raise my voice on the matter, so I wrote Two crimes against human dignity. Both crimes are clearly sins against human dignity, so much so that it doesn't take a paragraph citation from the Catechism of the Catholic Church to make the case ... but there's one included anyway, along with citations from Scripture, a couple of Church Fathers and Bl. John Paul.  Conservatives: we need to make our voices heard on this, and to come together with liberals to find workable solutions to these crimes!

Finally, my cousin Greg sent me a neat little story about a woman dying of cancer who wanted to be buried with a fork in her hand, to remind people that "The best is yet to come!" Even with modern CGI and theories about higher life-forms, our imaginations are too limited to fully grasp the reality of God or angels; how then can we grasp the joy and wonder of Heaven?  Read more!

*     *     *

As I've said before, I start a new job tomorrow (2/13), so I don't know how frequently I'll be posting from here on out.  But I do know you haven't heard the last of me yet! Have a great Sunday, and remember:  Lent is only ten days away!